What was ZipGrade VPP?
ZipGrade VPP was a version of ZipGrade released specifically to be compatible with Apple's Volume Purchase Program. At the time it was discontinued, ZipGrade VPP and the 'regular' version of ZipGrade were functionally identical with all the same features. But due to changes(see below), the ZipGrade VPP version is no longer offered in the Apple App Store.
What if I purchased or am using ZipGrade VPP?
You may continue to use the ZipGrade VPP and benefit from the 'forever' unlimited-scanning. However, we will not be releasing any new updates for this version of ZipGrade. Also, you will not be able to install the ZipGrade VPP app from the app store onto any device.
Therefore, we recommend transitioning to using the ZipGrade app:
- Remember your ZipGrade username. If you are unsure, the username may be found on the 'Cloud' screen within the ZipGrade VPP app.
- On the App Store on your device, search for an install the 'ZipGrade' app (free)
- On first open, follow the bottom prompt to login with your ZipGrade username
- Your 'forever' subscription and previously synced data will now be synced to this new instance
- Use this instance of ZipGrade going forward.
Why was ZipGrade VPP discontinued?
The primary reason is that it was causing confusion. While both versions were functionally identical, many users incorrectly thought the ZipGrade VPP version included additional features. Due to limitations on how Apple allows developers to communicate within the application and the information page on the App Store, we were not able to clear up this confusion. Offering a single version of the ZipGrade app creates a more easily understood offering.
In addition, though intended for use by a single user; there was an undocumented method that allowed ZipGrade VPP purchasers to create multiple 'forever' unlimited users. This loophole existed due to some limitations imposed by Apple to allow sales through the VPP program. While the purchase rate of ZipGrade VPP was declining, the number of purchasers using this loophole was increasing.
More questions or issues?
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org