This article is for Android devices. If using iOS/Apple, please go here.
With the custom answer sheet wizard found on the 'Answer Sheets' tab of the ZipGrade.com website, a teacher may create an answer sheet with the specified number and type of questions. An answer sheet form is separate from the quiz definition. A custom answer sheet may be used with multiple quizzes. But each quiz may have only a single answer sheet selected.
When logged into the ZIpGrade servers, the ZipGrade mobile application will sync every few minutes. There are a few possible reasons that the custom answer sheets and other data may not be syncing to the mobile application:
1. First, visit the Google Play app on your mobile device to make sure there are no pending updates for ZipGrade.
2. Restart your device: This will often solve any memory or blocked process related issues.
- Hold down the sleep button until you can see the 'Power Off' option
- Select 'Power Off'
- Once powered off, press the sleep button to reboot your device.
3. Once restarted, open the ZipGrade mobile app and navigate to the 'Account' screen via the cloud-shaped icon in the lower-right on any main screen.
4. Verify that you are logged in and that the username shown at the top is the same username used on the ZipGrade.com to generate the custom answer sheet form.
5. Press the 'Sync' button and allow the sync to complete. Then press the 'Sync' button again. This second press performs a more thorough sync and comparison process.
6. Return to the 'Quizzes' screen using the icon in the lower-left on any main screen.
7. Select to create a '+ New Quiz' to see if the custom answer sheet form is now available.
8. If the custom answer sheet is still not available as a form option for your quiz, try republishing this custom answer sheet online:
- Log into the zipgrade.com website
- Press the "Custom Answer Sheet Wizard" button at the bottom of the "Answer Sheets" page
- Find the custom form on the list (exact name and 4-digit number).
- If the missing custom answer sheet is showing as "Published", make a note of the form's name and 4-digit number.
- Click the trashcan icon to the far right of the form name. (This will temporarily unpublish the form.)
- Click the "Republish" button for this exact same custom form now listed at the bottom of the page. (This will make a slight change to the timestamp of the republished custom answer sheet file and may trick your app into syncing it as an updated data record.)
- Once completed, repeat steps 5-7 above to sync this republished form to your app.
If you see any red error messages on the "Account" screen, that usually indicates a connectivity issue such as intermittent internet or a school firewall blocking access. Let us know what the message says so we can best direct.
If the form is still not showing, please let us know the name and 4-digit number of the form and your username so we may research further.