For Android devices. If using iOS/Apple, please go here.
The ZipGrade mobile app syncs with the servers every few minutes while the app is open and able to reach the servers. There are a few possible reasons that the data created on the website may not be syncing to the mobile app. Here are the steps to resolve most of those issues:
- Visit the Google Play Store on your mobile device to look for updates
- Tap the 3-bar menu icon in the top bar
- Select 'My Apps and Games'
- App needing updates will appear at the top of the list. Tap 'Update All' to update all the apps needing updates.
- Restart your device:
- Hold down the sleep button until you can see the 'Power Off' option
- Select 'Power Off'
- Once powered off, press the sleep button to reboot your device.
- Open the ZipGrade app and navigate to the 'Cloud' screen
- Verify that the user showing at the top of the screen is the same user you used to create the form on the website
- Press the 'Sync' button and allow it to complete.
- Repeat step 5 again. You're looking to make sure the 'Pending Data Upload' line shows zero.
- Return to the 'Quizzes' screen and create a new quiz. Then press 'Select Sheet'. Is the expected answer sheet showing?
- If the custom answer sheet is still not available as a form option for your quiz, try republishing this custom answer sheet online:
- Log into the zipgrade.com website
- Press the "Custom Answer Sheet Wizard" button at the bottom of the "Answer Sheets" page
- Find the custom form on the list (exact name and 4-digit number).
- If the missing custom answer sheet is showing as "Published", make a note of the form's name and 4-digit number.
- Click the trashcan icon to the far right of the form name. (This will temporarily unpublish the form.)
- Click the "Republish" button for this exact same custom form now listed at the bottom of the page. (This will make a slight change to the timestamp of the republished custom answer sheet file and may trick your app into syncing it as an updated data record.)
- Once completed, repeat steps 5-7 above to sync this republished form to your app.
If you see any red error messages on the "Cloud" screen, that usually indicates a connectivity issue such as intermittent internet or a school firewall blocking access. Let us know what the message says so we can best direct.
If the form is still not showing, please let us know the name and 4-digit number of the form and your username so we may research further.