Due to the current situation affecting schools around the Globe, ZipGrade now has an online submission option for students.
We're continuing to add new features to make online submission by students even better.
Sign up here to receive updates when new features are added.
- Create your quiz as usual. (Note - online submissions require a Student ZipGrade ID section on the selected quiz form.) If creating the quiz in the ZipGrade mobile app, be sure that the app has synced to our servers so you can enable online submissions through the website interface.
- Log into zipgrade.com with the same username displayed on your app's "Cloud" screen.
- Go to the "Quizzes" page.
- Click the blue, linked quiz name that you want to accept online submissions.
- On the quiz's detail screen, find the "Online Submission" section and click the "Enable" button. (This can also be enabled/disabled by clicking the "Edit" button within the "Quiz Details" section, clicking the checkbox for "Online Submission", then clicking the "Save Quiz" button at the bottom of the page.)
- Copy/paste the URL in the "Online Submission" section and send that to students along with instructions to use a student ID number when taking the quiz. You may want to include the student instructions listed below.
- You may need to instruct students on what ID number to use for your reference. The app will attempt to match the ID number from an online submission to a student profile's ZipGrade ID on your account, then either display the student name for that paper record or the submitted ZipGrade ID number (which can optionally be manually matched to a student profile at a later date).
- After a paper is submitted, the paper detail screen on the website will also display the date/timestamp of the submission in UTC ("Universal Time Coordinated" or Greenwich Mean Time).
- Click the URL provided by your teacher for the quiz, or copy/paste the URL into the browser's address bar.
- Select the Key Version below the quiz name, if applicable. (If none is selected, the default key version A will be used to grade the paper.)
- For each question on the quiz, clicking a checkbox will toggle the selection on/off. Select your responses, and/or make any changes as needed.
- If you need to stop the quiz at any time (to complete later), click the "Save Progress" button at the bottom of the page. (The responses are then saved to your Student ZipGrade ID number, but are not submitted to your teacher.)
- When you have completed the quiz, click the "Review and Submit to Teacher" button at the bottom of the page.
- Check that the intended responses have registered, then either click "Go Back to Edit Responses" to make any necessary changes, or click "Submit to Teacher" if satisfied.
- We recommend saving the confirmation code displayed after submitting the quiz. (That allows us to quickly locate your specific submission in case there are any issues.)
Please contact us at email@example.com if you encounter any issues or challenges with this feature. (Be sure to include your ZipGrade username, the quiz name, any errors you see, and a description of what is happening.)